WEAK CHICK!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brooster, Feb 23, 2008.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I have been incubating quail eggs. They piped one day early (temp must of been a little to high) 8 hatched so far and the last one is hatching now. One of the chicks is very weak. I was laying on its side in the bator and chirping. I dried off so i pu tin in the brooder. It is laying there its legs either dont work or are too weak to move. It is too weak to chirp. I dipped its beak in water and tried to get it to drink but it didnt do much. I think if i let it go it will die. What should i do? al the other chicks are running arround all happy. [​IMG]

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I don't want to be harsh, but I don't think there is anything you can do for a chick that is that weak. I am really surprised that it was able to hatch on its own being that weak. When did this one hatch, today?

3. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Yeah it hatched today. I figured there was not much i could do. [​IMG]

4. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    No other suggestions? Just incase? [​IMG]

5. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I guess, just keep trying to give it sugar water. Keep it warm 90-95 is best for the first week.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I have given sugar water or the vitamins/electrolytes to weak chicks before. It can give them a boost. I believe it is a tsp per gallon of water. It is worth a try. Nothing to lose at this point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by