1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

weak chicken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JACKIEANN, Mar 15, 2017.

1. JACKIEANN

JACKIEANN Just Hatched

Nov 11, 2008
    I have a young barred rock cross pullet that is having balance problems - already lost one other with the same problem. Any idea on what could be causing this and how to treat it

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, JackieAnn, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us but sorry about the problem you're having. I'd post detailed symptoms about living conditions (indoor/outdoor, age of birds, additional symptoms, etc.) in the link below: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
    Someone may be able to chime in with some helpful advice. Good luck to you!!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, wish it was under better circumstances. Have the chicks sustained any falls / bumps or pecks to the head? Do they eat/drink and poo normally?

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - I hope that the ER peeps can help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JACKIEANN [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear that; I hope you hen is OK. The folks on the ER Forum are your best bet.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sounds like the ER forum is the place to find some answers, give them as much detail as you can.

Best of luck!

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am so glad you decided to join us today, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by