weak chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gocartbum743, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gocartbum743

gocartbum743 New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    yesterday i went down to the flock, and i noticed that this one chicken couldnt get up. i took her out of the nest, and put her on the ground and she struggled to move a foot. i brought her to the waterer and she did drink, and she also ate out of my hand. i seperated her last night, and she did lay an egg at some point last night and this morning. i gave her water and food this morning, but she still was very weak and could stand for more than a couple seconds and laid back down. she is only coming up on a year old now. anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

2. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    No idea at all but will watch this posting. Had a chicken die sudenly 2 weeks ago and today have one that only wants to sit there. No symptoms that I can tell.
    Good luck with your chicken.

3. gocartbum743

gocartbum743 New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    yea there is no visible symptoms that i can tell she doesnt make any noise when i pull on things to see if they are broken or anything. so i have no idea!

4. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    My hen won't eat or drink. I wouldn't call her weak but there is something wrong. I have had hens die before for no apparent reason. They are not quite as hardy as you might think and people keep telling me that they hide their illness very well.
    let me know how you get on.

5. gocartbum743

gocartbum743 New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    She's walking a little better today but with a limp. She's still eating And drinking like normal. She hasn't laid an egg though in two days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by