weak legged hen, nothing else obvious

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by janetk, May 3, 2009.

1. janetk

janetk Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    This is my second chicken with the same symptoms. She acts weak legged, can walk, but looks painful and very slow. Lays on floor in coop. Doesn't go outside when I let the others out. I lost a girl last week with the same symptoms. She ate the day she died, but had lost alot of weight, but no other symptoms that I saw. Poo looks normal. I just feed her a hard cooked egg for extra protein. I feed layer feed. I have been putting vitamins & electrolites in the water. No bugs that I see. Her feet are not swollen, although one thigh joint may be swollen, can't really tell though. What can I do? What is this? She's housed with 15 other chickens with plenty of room. I don't want this to keep spreading.
    thank you all for your advice in advance.

2. janetk

janetk Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Anybody know what I can do? She's still the same today. Do I feed her another hard boiled egg? HELP

3. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Just came home, and not thinking real clear right now, but giving her a HUGS, and letting ya know I'm thinking of you and your hen.

I hope someone else posts soon that knows whats going on!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by