1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weak legs-can't stand. Please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by anjbagley, Sep 13, 2010.

1. anjbagley

anjbagley Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Star Valley Wyoming
    I have lost two birds to this a few months ago and now all the sudden I have two more with the same symptomes. They start to loose the strenght in their legs and it just gets worse and worse until they tip over. The first time around I treated with vit b drops and antibiotic. Didn't help. This time I have started vit drops and put nutritional yeast in food to help with vit b if that is the issue but I don't know what really is causing this or what to do. My ducklings started doing this when a few weeks old and I was told to increase vit b and that the food they were on had too much protein. I was hoping that the chicken problem was similar but they are still on chick grower and about 4 months old. Please, if you have any ideas please let me know before they get worse.

2. anjbagley

anjbagley Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Star Valley Wyoming
    So, if know one out there has any ideas what this may be, can anyone tell me how to get a hold of the "chicken doctor" that I have seen people post about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by