Weak, lethargic chick

HappyDuckie

🙄🤚 Almighty Queen of Orplingtons 🥶🙏💙
Sep 30, 2020
The Bermuda Triangle
I went outside a few minutes ago, and found one of my broodies chicks acting quite odd. Weak, and almost falling over when walking. I brought her in and discovered a bit of poop stuck to her vent, but there was hardly any. I removed it and she was fine for a minute or two, then I came back in and she was completely limp. She won’t open her eyes, or eat or drink. I’m really worried about her. Any help is much appreciated!

Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and give a couple of drops, then get it drinking water? How old is the chick? Has the broody hen been taking them to forage and get water? Could it have been hurt by other chickens or by the broody?

Last edited:
Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and five a couple of drops, then get it drinking water? How old is the chick? Has the broody hen been taking them to forage and get water? Could it have been hurt by other chickens or by the broody?
I tried to get her to drink, and she wouldn't. I gave her some NutriDrench from the end of a qtip.
The chick is a few days old, not sure her exact age. The broody has chick starter and water where her nest was, which is where she has been staying, but no, she has not taken them to forage yet. Though she has taught them to eat and drink.
It could have been hurt by the broody, but no other chickens have has access to the chicks other than mom.

Back
Top Bottom