Weak Turkey

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dukess.com, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Dukess.com

Dukess.com New Egg

Feb 25, 2009
    Montana
    Help. Our bronze female 10-month-old turkey is not doing well. She is extremely wobbley and won't eat. She will drink a little, but overall she just seems very weak. Her caruncle and wattle seem to be shriveling. Also, she usually stays somewhat close to the house, but lately she has been wandering off... (although she can barely walk now).

We originally thought that she was looking to nest (we also have a male holland) but she just seems like she's going downhill fast. Any advice? Thank you.

2. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Antibiotics. You can get them at a farm store. Penicillan works great on poultry too. At this point I would try a Penicillan shot. It sounds like she is really sick to me.

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    What does her poop look like? Could she have worms? Is she with chickens?

4. Dukess.com

Dukess.com New Egg

Feb 25, 2009
    Montana
    she hasn't pooped in a few days, but we force fed her last night and she pooped something that looked half alien and half egg....hmmm any ideas?

5. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    It is possible that she may have broke an egg internally. It is laying season now. Is her vent puckering alot like she is trying to pass something?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by