Weasels ate our ducks last night

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Tambi, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Tambi

Tambi New Egg

Dec 1, 2014
    Sad to say I am just reading the previous story today because I did a search on the Internet trying to figure out what killed our ducks last night. We had three runner ducks that brought us so much joy and we thought we had been keeping them safe. We've had them for years. They run free during the day and go into a large thick metal cage at night for safety, but I guess the wiring wasn't as small as it should be. It took us a while to figure out what happened because the door was closed shut and there was no hole dug underneath. Now we know to watch for weasels! All three ducks had their heads chewed off. We loved our ducks :-(

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    I'm so sorry for your loss!! That must have been horrible coming out to the coop to see that :(
    Welcome to Backyard chicken though! You have a very depressing first post. [​IMG]
    Do you think you will get more ducks??

Make yourself right at home, and feel free to ask any questions you want, we are here to help [​IMG]

3. meangoatlady

meangoatlady New Egg

Sep 20, 2014
    Hills, SE New Mexico
    So sorry to hear about your ducks. I am always so thankful when I look outside in the morning to see everyone. our ducks run free day and night. we have only had them about four months and haven't lost any of them. they are about three years old. I procrastinate but now I feel compelled to do something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by