Weather Alert for North Georgia and the Carolinas! 1-20-09

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    My DH just phoned and told me that noth and north eastern Georgia and the Carolinas as well as parts of TN are set for a possible "MAJOR SNOW EVENT" in the next 48 hours! [​IMG]
    I wanted to pass the word along so those of you who, like me, need to prepare in case this does materialize will have time to do so.
    Take care my friends and if we do get hit with bad weather I wish you all well [​IMG] I hope we and our fowl friends all come through unscathed.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Keep safe everyone b prepared..I dont envy your weather..... [​IMG]

4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Just so you all know where the information came from, Kurt Mellish on WSB Radio is the one who is predicting this. The Weather Channel forcast does not include any of this in it's maps of forcast at the moment but I am one who believes in "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" so I will be running buckets of water, stuffing dog house with extra hay, bedding stalls deep and doing my best to block out possible drifts from my coop doors.

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    WOO-HOOO SNOW!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm in Fannin County, in the snow area. I have to bump my bum down 9 steps to get to the dr tomorrow. Dang, they'll probably be covered with snow. Not a convenient day for this type weather.

7. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Oh, Cyn! I am so sorry. Perhaps he is incorrect [​IMG] I don't envy any of you up near Gilmer, Fannin, Pickens stc counties! [​IMG]
    It usually gets pretty nasty here but nothing like what we used to get when I lived in Chattsworth or Jasper!

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Speckled, maybe you will have to reschedule of a day or two later.

You guys take care and becareful. Driving here is bad enough on a snowy day with the idoits that think they can fly in the stuff. Down there where snow isn't so common I shudder to think of what the drivers will be like!

9. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Just wonderful [​IMG] My son leaves on wednesday for Missouri to check out a college (he's driving from southwest Ga to St. Charles, Mo., to Fort Wayne Indiana and then back home) as if my anxiety about him taking this long trip isnt bad enough [​IMG] and we cant delay it because its for football scholarships!UHHHHGGGG!

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I promised my son that if the N.Ga Mts. got snow, we would take a road trip. Hall Co hasn't had a nice snow in years. And by nice, I mean just a few inches to play in. We thought about taking him to Snow Mt at Stone Mt this year just so he can play. So, I'm taking my car in at noon today, maybe they can have it fixed in time for a snow trip!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by