1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weather Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oregon Blues, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    It's 38 degrees out and raining like the dickens. There are some ice pellets mixed in with the rain.

I've got 4 pens. Each pen has nice dry shelter available. Each pen contains ducks or geese that have been outside all day long. The ducks have spent the day splashing in puddles and they are all covered in mud. The geese at least stay clean, but they are not interested in being out of the weather.

Seriously, they don't have a drop of common sense.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Maybe it's duck sense. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    We had the worst weather the other day - sleet changing to rain, changing to freezing rain again.
    My crazy ducks were splashing in their pool & then running out into their yard to press their ducky bellies up against the hardware cloth & running back & forth biting the rain/sleet in exaltation.
    Crazy ducks.

4. Tahai

Tahai Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't wait till I get my ducklings! I so want to experience the craziness of duckdom! (thanks for the stories)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by