Weather in my neck of the woods....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 65browneyes, Dec 10, 2007.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    We've had weather we aren't accustomed to anymore around here. The weekend of the 1st, we had 2 inches of rain that produced a beautiful double rainbow......

[​IMG]

This weekend, we've had 1/2 inch of rain and snow on the mountains......

[​IMG]

And they say it'll continue like this for a few more days. We went from 80* days to 2" of rain in 3 days, and now, it's 3 pm and 42*.

I'm not convinced the girls like mud-boggin'! LOL

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Beautiful rainbows!
    We had freezing rain last night into this morning and another 90 minute delay for school. The driving wasn't bad but walking to the car was a nightmare!

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Beautiful pictures. Your avatar looks just like my EE "Sweet Cheeks". [​IMG]

Edited to add pic of Sweet Cheeks:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  4. GrayRoo

GrayRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    Tucson, Arizona
    Chicken-mama, is that Mt. Lemmon in the background of the 2nd picture? It reminds me of Tucson. Both my sons graduated from the U of A.

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Here in Jones Oklahoma......we lost our highschool to a fire in the midst of this ice storm [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    That looks like the Verde Valley. Here in Phoenix we have been having rain off and on now for about five days. The place is taking on a different look; I think they call it green.

I have grass envy when I see the pictures of other people's properties posted on this website. We have dirt and rocks.

Rufus

7. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Gray and Rufus....it's Mingus Mountain, the beautiful view from my front yard in Cottonwood.

Okie.........so sorry to hear about the school. Such a devastating loss!

Southern.......that's my Tootsie baby. You're right, she and Sweet could be sisters.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Wow - I was looking up Cottonwood about a year ago as a place to relocate to....
    we didn't move there - moved to Nebraska instead. We might have been next door to each other!

9. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:No kidding??? Where did you move to Nebraska from? We moved here from Crete in 1978.

Okie........I forgot to tell you the pic you posted here is beautiful!

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Likewise Chickenmama.......I love Arizona, lived in Precott for a while even.............. [​IMG] I didnt mean to put a damper on your beautiful rainbow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by