Weather in ND Today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rooster0209, Dec 14, 2008.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Checked radar just now, the wind is 40+MPH and -9F on the thermometer. Here is a pic of the path to the coop

[​IMG]

Freddie (dog) thought we were going to check on the birds. He loves to help care for them. When he found out I wasnt headed out there he turned back. The coop is in front of the hopper bin, actually was the hog house years ago.

Its a good day to stay indoors [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I agree it is a good day to stay indoors. -21 here this morning, suns shining though! Not sure what the windchill is, but its really blowing. Stay warm! Great pic by the way!

3. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    What part of ND are you in? And how is it you can even see your coop?

4. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Quote:SE ND

Visability is very bad today. Finding the coop...uh Its hard to find just walk toward the grain bin [​IMG]

5. JanieMarie

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    And forget breathing out there in this. Gotta hold your breath! I'm about 20miles N of Fargo/Moorhead. Just nasty! Hey your not too far. What kinda chickens you got?

6. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    You are not far away at all. Fargo is about 70 miles N from me.

Not sure what my chickens are, I hatched them from some free freerange chickens. For sure there are some black austrolops, barred rock, bantie w/feathered feet and some type of goldish blonde and 4 EE's (byc egg swap) that I think are all roosters (darn it)

[​IMG]

need a pretty EE rooster, i got 4

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Your storm is headed towards us tonight. we have had 35+ mph since yesterday but the temp is 61`. The bottom should fall out tonight according to the weatherman. We are expecting rain/sleet/ice and maybe a bit of snow. We usually get ice storms here [​IMG]
    We filled a barrel up with gasoline yesterday and brought it home so we are prepared for power outage and have the generator standing by. Stocked up on groceries. Both of us retired. So we are ready for it...hopefully.
    Looking at your photo of the snow storm...looks like you need to tie a rope from the chicken house to your house just like Laura Ingalls Wilder did when she lived up north [​IMG] She ended up living her life out here in Mansfield, MO.
    Stay safe and stay warm.

8. JanieMarie

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    I saw a thread where they're trying to get a chickenstock together for the area in May or June. You'll have to keep an eye out for that one. I've got 13 mutts now 11 & 12 wks old with only 3 roos out of the bunch so I count myself lucky in that. The first one hatched is trying to crow now. So funny! I've got 7 Welsummers and 2 BLRW growing and due on Fri. Am I insane?

I think its getting worse out if thats possible. [​IMG] But the animals are warm and so am I. Hope you are too!

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh Brrrrrrrrrrr...... I've been to Minot a few times, Brrrrrr..... in deed!! Keep warm!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by