Web Cam Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newbiecaroline, Feb 23, 2008.

1. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    Anyone ever put a webcam in the bator....I will if I ever try it again....be nice to watch

2. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Yes it was common at the old BYC, we had many web casts with live chat at the same time. You need to sign up with one of the many web cam services, then you get an account to sign into and from that a URL to post. Put up a link to the URL here in a post with the expected date and join in the chat room when the fun begins. The free sites often limit you to 10 viewers at a time and upgrading gives you higher limits. You need to have a high speed internet connection and better if you don't pay by the upload, it could get expensive.

Everything is getting faster, and computers have more memory so it should be better now. We used to have problems with people having computer freeze problems trying to watch a hatch and be in chat, or they had such huge lag times in the video or chat it was not worth being there for them. I bet now that would not be as common.

3. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    oh wow...the realsilkiechick is right now hatching eggs in a bator with no windows....that made me think of the webcam hooked up to a laptop right next to the bator would be awesome. That be great to watch our byc members' hatches with them!
    hey if I'm up at 4 am and can't sleep I'd be glad to keep a nervous new mum company lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by