WEB CAMS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3forfree, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I have seen alot of members here on BYC using webcams to record and broadcast their hatches. I have a webcam but have no idea what download to use with it to record my hatches. Can anyone lead me to a good one to use. Thanks.

2. shella

shella Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    BATH
    i am also interested in this topic will be watching closely
    from what i have read there should be a programme on a disc when you bought the webcam
    if not then i will try and find out as much as i can

3. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends on the webcam,I have one that I can plug into any computer and use it. It wont show the interface for the camera on my desktop, but it displays on the hosting sites.
    I use ustream.com, there are a few other websites out there that you can use. Most are free.

4. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan

any issues with it, I had downloaded one and my spyware, and security on the puter went crazy saying it was corupting everything.

5. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

There shouldn't be anything to download.

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I used http://www.myearthcam.com

Good news was I didn't have to download anything at all. I had it up and running within 2 minutes. (it's actually STILL going if you want to see: http://www.mycampage.com/acaptivechicken )

Bad news: it doesn't record (at least, not that I'm aware of). Also, it shows how many total views I've had, but I have no idea how many people are currently viewing. I'd love to know that.

7. JEH1984

JEH1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Asheville NC
    UStream.tv is web based and there ins't anything to download. I have used it for hatching and in the brooder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by