Webcam! Hatching Ducks?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebelcowboysnb, Mar 24, 2011.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

2. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Should be? [​IMG]

Mine at pipping now. I can't wait to go and watch them

3. rebelcowboysnb

The duck died an I found her eggs later. Her eggs have never been fertile but I tried anyway an these have grown... I'm hoping I get ducks to hatch.

4. Emmalion

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Ohhh I thought you were just guessing they were from the duck.

Sorry to hear about your girl.

5. rebelcowboysnb

Nope, I know they came from a duck I just dont know if they will hatch.

6. rebelcowboysnb

Lots of chicks but still no ducks [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    I'm not sure if you put them in at the same time or not, but duck eggs take 28 days to hatch, chickens 21. So glad you're getting lot's of chicks! Be patient for the ducks and Good Luck!

8. rebelcowboysnb

The ducks went in a week before the chickens. I keep about 12 dozen eggs in there most of the time so keeping up with what is ready to hatch is complicated especially when you add ducks in to the mix. But my math says these are ready to hatch. The candled full to so things are looking good, for the first time with ducks anyway.

9. rebelcowboysnb

Ok, now I'm really confused. One of the eggs that I though were some of my ducks eggs hatched last night. I looked an looked an found no duckling... What I did find was one lone little yellow chick in a sea of EEs an RIRs. So I have to assume that those are not some of my duck eggs but white chicken eggs, maybe white leghorns... That would explain why these are fertile an the rest of the duck eggs have not been. One big problem.... I dont own any white egg laying breeds of chickens. The only white egg layer on my farm is the duck... [​IMG] Something is fishy...

10. Emmalion

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Quote:[​IMG] Sounds like a little too much barnyard fun going on over there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by