Webpage Link Page

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by TommyVT05, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Hello Everybody,

I recently joined another chicken forum not too long ago and found out that they have a "Link" page where members can post links to their webpages whether its for personal fun or for breeding purposes...but its really neat and I wonder if we have that? I don't see it anywhere on the main site.

May I suggest that we have one if we don't?

To me, Its a good way to share and stay connected [​IMG]

- Tommy

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You can put your website on your profile and that is what the "website" link is for under your name. All we ask is you have a back link to us. Nifty can provide more info on it, but I think with 6k members it may be nearly impossible to keep a links page neat and concise if even half of the people put a link for it. Since we also try to be kid friendly, with a large number of links, it could go bad if someone got on and put an inappropriate link on to it and a young child came by and clicked.

3. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Ahhh! Right. Good point. 6K is a lot and pretty darn true about the "underage" part. Hehe. Thanks for enlightening me [​IMG]

- Tommy

PS: I will be glad to add the backlink to my site, can you send me the html if its not too much of a hastle? Its a banner type backlink right?

4. silkiechicken

You can use any graphic from the page or simply put www.backyardchickens.com on your page of links. Doesn't have to be fancy. Thanks!

5. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    I Did It!

I used the banner on the Message board for the link. See how I did it. Hehe. It should be under "Hosts" on my website. [​IMG]

- Tommy

6. silkiechicken

Looks good! Thanks!

7. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Ur very welcome! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by