Webpage suggestions!!

JenniferJoIN

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2007
Southern Indiana
I'm trying to create a little website for DB and I's hobby farm. For one to give me something to do now that it gets dark VERY EARLY now.

I tried with google, but it doesn't have much space and seems to load slow.

Anyone have an ideas as to where I could make a (free) site? (preferably with no pop-ups)
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I use Angelfire

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/

Its got in line ads that show up only as you load. They are at the top of the page and a banner for angelfire/lycos. But they are easy to use and I like them for being easy to understand.

My page link in my signature is on angel fire but I do my own html as it seems to be easier for me. They do have templates you can use.

Arklady

You are wise to go with no popups. Nothing turns me off more and makes me leave a site faster than a popup.

A lot of servers have webspace set aside for you if you ask them. It is a limited amount and usually you have to ask them about it.

I agree, Southern does have a great website, but I'm sure she pays for the wonderfulness!
big_smile.png

Terrielacy, I agree, I hate pop-ups. Very irritating!

I hadn't thought of geocities. I may have to see how many MB they let you have.

And I have an old, old (we're talking freshman year in high school here) website from Angelfire. I'll have to see what they offer now.

Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming!

terrielacy is right. A lot of servers have webspace set aside for you if you ask them. I can help you out. I sent you and email with details.

Do you all know that you can have your own website for as little as 4.00 a month at places like godady?

A domain name can cost as little as 2.99 a year , thats how much I paid for chickensnow.info.

There are so many easy to use programs out there to help you create your own web site that you can do it.

I have already offered to build and host sites for you all , but that didnt seem to work so I once again offer my services this way.

I will help anyone that wants help in setting these type of things up through email correspondence, in fact maybe all of us with experience could help our fellow members with this, maybe make this a topic or something.

Just a thought.

Pipermark, that's very nice of you! I'm waiting to hear back from zunibee. I've been playing around with google, so I may just end up sticking with that one. Hmm....

Back
Top Bottom