Webpage suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JenniferJoIN, Oct 30, 2007.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I'm trying to create a little website for DB and I's hobby farm. For one to give me something to do now that it gets dark VERY EARLY now.

I tried with google, but it doesn't have much space and seems to load slow.

Anyone have an ideas as to where I could make a (free) site? (preferably with no pop-ups) [​IMG]

2. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  3. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I use Angelfire

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/

Its got in line ads that show up only as you load. They are at the top of the page and a banner for angelfire/lycos. But they are easy to use and I like them for being easy to understand.

My page link in my signature is on angel fire but I do my own html as it seems to be easier for me. They do have templates you can use.

Arklady

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You are wise to go with no popups. Nothing turns me off more and makes me leave a site faster than a popup.

A lot of servers have webspace set aside for you if you ask them. It is a limited amount and usually you have to ask them about it.

5. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Why don't you ask Southern28chick?
    She has a WONDERFUL WEBSITE!

6. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I agree, Southern does have a great website, but I'm sure she pays for the wonderfulness! [​IMG]

Terrielacy, I agree, I hate pop-ups. Very irritating!

I hadn't thought of geocities. I may have to see how many MB they let you have.

And I have an old, old (we're talking freshman year in high school here) website from Angelfire. I'll have to see what they offer now.

Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming!

7. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    terrielacy is right. A lot of servers have webspace set aside for you if you ask them. I can help you out. I sent you and email with details.

8. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
  9. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Do you all know that you can have your own website for as little as 4.00 a month at places like godady?

A domain name can cost as little as 2.99 a year , thats how much I paid for chickensnow.info.

There are so many easy to use programs out there to help you create your own web site that you can do it.

I have already offered to build and host sites for you all , but that didnt seem to work so I once again offer my services this way.

I will help anyone that wants help in setting these type of things up through email correspondence, in fact maybe all of us with experience could help our fellow members with this, maybe make this a topic or something.

Just a thought.

10. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Pipermark, that's very nice of you! I'm waiting to hear back from zunibee. I've been playing around with google, so I may just end up sticking with that one. Hmm....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by