Website problem?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by halo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive been having connection issues with the website all day. Is it just me? I get a "connection interrupted" page. In fact I just got it trying to post this. If I wait a minute or two, I can usually get it to load. Its not doing it on any other websites for me. Is it me?

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I've had no problem and I've popped in and out all day.

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Same thing has been happening to me all day, and, like halo, it is not happening on other websites. When BYC hangs up, I check somewhere else and have no problem.

My ISP did go offline briefly earlier today, but the hanging up here is still happening.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Is it just the forum or the whole website?

It may be a regional thing or specific to an ISP because if it was effecting everyone I'd have about 50 emails and the site would be full of posts.

Hopefully it will work itself out tomorrow. If it continues to be a problem then please let us know which ISP you're using.

5. Judy

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I rarely go anywhere but the Forum. Messed around a few minutes elsewhere and all worked fine. Still happening on the Forum, but it is intermittent. A good deal of my online time has been on BYC today.

I use Windstream, and I think they are also in Florida, so that may be the answer, since they were having trouble today, to the point you got a recording saying so when you called them.

Will post tomorrow if it continues.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Is it just slow or do you get errors? If errors, what do they say?

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Today it's my turn. Extremely slow page loading, waiting for googleanalytics.com, then slowly the page will develop downwards but stop and hang.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Just happened to me again. The page wont load, and Ill refresh it a time or two and it still wont load. I go to another website and read, come back and it loads. Im on Windstream in FL, too, for what thats worth.

9. Judy

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Well, no problems this AM. Yesterday, it was slow to switch between pages, and yes I got a few errors. It would be a Firefox window saying a connection was dropped during processing the request, or some such. It would have a "try again" button, I'd click it, and get the page.

Nifty, I'm much too computer ignorant to know whether this would be of any interest to you at this stage.

But I'll take the opportunity to say, many many thanks to you for all you do for us and for chickens here!

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Problem seems to be fixed today; since this morning, no more connection issues.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by