Websites

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ottbjumper06, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ottbjumper06

ottbjumper06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2013
    Manly, Iowa
    I'm refining my website and would like to know what buyers want to see when they are looking at a business's website.
    This is my website in the making. www.rosewoodpoultry.weebly.com
    Thoughts? Constructive criticism?
    I'd also love to see your websites!

2. foreverlearning

foreverlearning Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Don't put obo on your website, your prices are cheap as it is. You might want to look in to avg prices in your area to make sure. People will try to deal with you anyway for a normal business. You might want to start a FAQ for any reoccurring questions that you may get. Be proud of your flock and update the page regularly. You did a great job on the webpage!

1 person likes this.
  3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Nothing from me, very nice website. [​IMG]

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Take and post lots of photos of your birds. People want to see the breeding stock.

Dont ever use another person's pictures. It is a copy right violation you can be legally liable for. Always use your own if you are trying to sell chicks/eggs.

5. ottbjumper06

Apr 26, 2013
    Manly, Iowa
    Thanks for the advice, but I personally asked for permission to use her photo as my flock is still juvenile :). Thank you all for all the wonderful suggestions and comments on how to better my website, I'll revise it tonight and have you see the after! BTW, where can I post this where I can get viewers that are looking for these breeds? I'm already on the Iowa Blue Directory, is there another Directory I could be on? I shudder to use Craigslist, I've gotten so many tire kickers through that site.

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I would take off the "run by me and my mom", and instead put something like family owned and operated. The first makes it sound like you are 12 years old and I would be worried about creepers contacting you. Also, under the for sale tab, you are missing a period after ship.

1 person likes this.
  7. ottbjumper06

Apr 26, 2013
    Manly, Iowa
  8. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Hubby works for an e-commerce company so I asked him for his opinion on what makes a good website. His answer was that it has to be user friendly - easy to navigate, easy to transact, clear and concise. I had no problems navigating your site and I don't know how easy it would be to make a transaction. So the only suggestion I have to make is that you may want to look at some of the sentence structure, spelling and word usage. Otherwise, your website looks great to me.

9. ottbjumper06

Apr 26, 2013
    Manly, Iowa
    Did you see any particular wordings you would change? I look at it much differently than you or anyone else would. Advice is appreciated :)

10. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Hubby is much better at this than I am as he does/looks at this stuff every workday. I use him for a sounding board all the time when he is home ...... mainly for spelling, punctuation and does this sound too mean? [​IMG] [​IMG] but give me a little while and I'll see.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by