Wedding cards

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Stepson is getting married this Saturday so I told Sharon i'll go and get a card at lunch for them at the CVS pharmacy right down the street. Sounds easy enough right? I'm no stranger to picking up cards, I get them for Sharon "just because" all the time. The first thing I notice is the wedding card section is kind of small? Most of the cards were unfeeling (if that is the right word) 3 or 4 lines. happy wedding, wish you the best, blah blah blah. I had to go thru about every one they had to find one written about what special day this is and to be happy and grow together.

As I was looking I just knew I was going to find a card that had an add for a divorce lawyer in it. [​IMG]

Blah, Blah, Blah

Steve

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Write your own!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Given Steve's past postings on this forum, I think I know his sarcastic crazy self enough to be able to predict his self-written card:

Dear Bride/Groom, Bride/Bride, Groom/Groom and any Variations Thereof:

Happy wedding, hope your best man/woman/dog/chicken makes a good speech that doesn't embarrass the daylights out of you.

In lieu of today's statistics, the yellow pages are a good place for criminal/divorce/family trial lawyers.

With warmest best wishes on your [probably short-lived] union,
    Anon. and wifey

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Given Steve's past postings on this forum, I think I know his sarcastic crazy self enough to be able to predict his self-written card:

Happy wedding, hope your best man/woman/dog/chicken makes a good speech that doesn't embarrass the daylights out of you.

In lieu of today's statistics, the yellow pages are a good place for criminal/divorce/family trial lawyers.

Anon. and wifey

Buff, ya done outdid yerself!!!! [​IMG]

6. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009

Anon. and wifey

Buff, ya done outdid yerself!!!! [​IMG]

And if they know him.............they will know it came from the heart! [​IMG]

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Anon. and wifey

Nah, actually there is a different side of Steve you don't know. He is known to bring coffee to wifey thang in bed... so what if I worked the crap out of her the day before and she is to sore to get out of bed and it is 6am on a Sunday. I do hold the door for her and other people, send flowers when not in the dog house - just because. And don't you guys ever tell anybody but sometimes get teary eyed. [​IMG] I did find the right card it just took awhile. How many guys take 30 plus minutes reading cards?

Oh and the wedding present from my crazy self is 1 dollar bills, alot of them, each in an evelope. It took Sharon and I about 2 hours to seal them all up. And what are we wearing to the fest you ask?

Me

http://www.hawaiianshirtcollection.com/biofpaccr.html

Sharon

http://www.hawaiianshirtcollection.com/pl-328-3470-black.html

I hope we don't stand out to much

Steve

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ROFL at the dollar bill thing! That's totally something I would do...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by