Wedding ideas?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by SoCalChick, May 12, 2009.

1. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    Im helping my friend (who is also a great chicken lover) arrange her wedding. Wedding simple and country style themed.
    Any ideas for anything? Grateful for any suggestions! [​IMG]

2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

My (x)DH's neice had her wedding inside a very large (commercial) greenhouse in an area that had a small pond with a small bridge and some ducks in a line, waddling and quacking about, it was perfect:) They married the same day as our wedding anniversary;)

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Are you just kinda searching for ideas? My husband and I had a cowboy type wedding, (not really sure if that is what constitutes country or not, I kow everyone has there own ideas about what "country" is, I think of gingham and daisy's when I think "country" LOL) We had horseshoes painted white propped up on each other with flowers for the center pieces on the tables, and used some "ropey" stuff with decorating. we did use horse shoes quite a lot actually as decorations.

4. New adventure

New adventure Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Pueblo, Colorado
    You shouldn't have a chicken for a ring bearer. It'd probably eat the ring!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:My brother had a wedding like this last Oct, one thing they did that ended up being very cool was hire a dance instructor for country line dancing . She came in after the reception was going strong and taught two simple dances. We were all rolling our eyes at first but it ended up being very fun and some of the people you never could get out there to dance (including my SO!) ended up out there and being some of the best at it. Funny thing is where they had their reception also had a really cute chicken coop out on the grounds with Silkie chickens [​IMG] I tried to stay away from those evil silkies!

Nancy

6. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Causal or Formal Wedding? Big or small?
    Country Wedding Simple but beautiful.........[​IMG]
    so Outside? Flowers-Daises, Sunflowers? Bridesmaids- wearing sundresses? Theme cake- fondant wild flowers, in bold colors?
    Centerpieces....baskets with flowers.....or....you name it.[​IMG]

So many decisions.... it will be beautiful whatever she decides!

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Just a small idea, but wedding favors could be those plants/flowers that grow from an egg.
    EGGLING CRACK & GROW FLOWERS
    I've seen them at Home Depot, but you can get them online too.

8. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    SO many great ideas thank you all! Wedding is going to be small - about 50 people at there home on 5 acres.

9. emt2919

emt2919 Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2009
    Trumbull County Ohio
    For our centerpieces, we took plastic wine glasses and spraypainted the bottom silver and then added a velum shade. We used the flameless candles inside (alot of kids big and small to try to start a fire so I opted for the flameless.) Placed them on a mirror with candy and confetti. We got lots of comments on how nice they looked and no one could believe they were plastic glasses.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you're doing anything with vases, don't bother getting matching ones. Hit up Goodwill or any other cheap place for the pretty colored glass vases. Blue, green, yellow, they end up looking pretty and country, not formal. Favors could be simple like wildflower seeds. Bubbles are also nice, cheap, and fun for the kids. Scattering disposable cameras is also fun. Also, only flame less everything, if it's going to be outside!

We had a wedding on our property once, and the bride tactfully ignored all of our ideas. It was awesome.

Kinda like this. http://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/page004.02.00.00.htm

Last edited: May 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by