Wedding Plans..help with veil?

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Hello all! I've got an odd question...

I'm going to be married next fall and am wanting to do something a bit differently. A normal veil consists of rhinestones, thread, etc. Well...I'd like to incorporate feathers.

Not just any feathers, white saddle feathers from a rooster. I'd like the outer feathers, not the downy ones so that there will be a "shine" to the head/hair part of the veil. I'm debating adding some gold, say from a Buff Orpington or something to jazz it up and help it match the dress.

Would it even be possible for this to happen? Could any seamstress do it or would I have to find someone special to do it?

I'm also debating on, instead of a flower girl, having a "feather girl" who drops white feathers down the pathway to the alter.

Is this an alright idea? Or tacky?

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Its your wedding day and you can do anything you want! Even scattering scratch outside too!

Are you planning on wearing white dress?

I like the idea. Surely most seamstresses would be able to incorporate feathers.
smile.png

I'd think it would be fairly easy to add the feathers on the sides and top where there is a natural curve to the veil, anyway. If you're having it made you could probably easily have them add them but I think you could easily stitch them on yourself, too, if you buy it pre-made.

I've been to a wedding where they dropped paper hearts instead of flower petals, so I say do what you want!
smile.png

Last edited:
Google feather veil and you'll see a lot of pics.

Mostly they look more like hair clips to me, at just a glance, but still enough net to cover the face.

There are some that work with a top hat that have a longer veil... think maybe it's a support issue.

But if you did a headband, as opposed to a clip, I don't see why you couldn't do any length you wanted?

Take a gander... there are lots of lovely ideas right at one's fingertips.

Do whatever you want! Its your wedding day!
I had a head circle thingie made out of fresh wild flowers (didnt want a veil).. and i released butterflies at my wedding..

There was an article in MaryJane's Farm magazine about a gal who made her veil out of white peacock feathers, so I would assume it could be done!!
smile.png

Ropo, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the idea of feathers in your veil and to drop on the isle. No clue on who to get to sew it. Good luck!

As for dropping feathers down the aisle...
Just be sure that noone at the wedding is deathly allergic to feathers..
Otherwise its a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom