wedding plans

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hypnofrogstevie, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok what do we need for the perfect wedding
    What is a good cake flavor other than chocolate
    We need help [​IMG]

The wedding is not till next year in july.

2. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    We had strawberry shortcake. It was lovely. Are you doing a big church shindig or small and intimate?

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    small outdoor wedding in michigan. We have almost everything done. She bought a book but I would love to hear it from yall

4. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    Do what makes you happy!!!!!! Not what people say 'should' make you happy. I have some serious regrets about letting my family talk me into some things that we 'should' have to make the wedding 'perfect'.

I wanted to elope. The Husband wouldn't let me. [​IMG]

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    lol. we need some ideas. my parents arnt saying nothing about it. They are happy but she wanted me to ask you all what you think. we are gathering ideas and writing them down

6. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    My plan was to have mine in the back yard. It was swealtering hot out and hadn't rained in weeks. I had all the decorations out, big bowes on the trees and an arbour with vines and flowers etc, all the chairs lined up and so on and so forth...the priest pulled into the driveway and KABOOM!!!! Torrential rain pour....we ran for cover and moved the wedding to my living room. It was beautiful, and now I can point to the spot where we got hitched whenever I want!!! The rain stopped soon after the ceremony, we dried off the chairs and had a huge bbq party. Great day!!! And HUGELY cheaper!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    we are also doing a BBQ. Its going to be fairly small. She also wanted me to ask if anyone would like to come

8. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    First wedding went all out, spent every extra penny and then some - the ceremony lasted 15 minutes tops, Huge multi-tiered White Cake delicious, but way too big. The worst parts were these: we forgot the marriage license at home, my dress was too tight (I was 4 months pregnant), my feet hurt (I never wear heels) and my sister got into an argument with the girl who caught my bouquet - the girl was already common law married and my sister did not think she should have been in with the single girls. It was awful, the marriage lasted 9 years, but that's only because I was too scared to leave him.

My second marriage, my husband's first and last - Went to the Justice of the Peace, Nice Steak dinner/intimate reception - Chocolate cake - Spent all the money on a honeymoon in EUROPE - Living Happily Ever-After

Priceless... [​IMG]

9. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Our cake had 3 tiers and each tier was a different kind with a different filling. There are so many ways you can go with a wedding these days. If I could do it over there wouldn't be near the money spent but back then that was the "thing". A "nice" church wedding. I would do the ceremony in the yard, hay bales set out for everyone, BBQ, beer, bubbly, and whatever else, and a DJ playing country and soft rock and a place to dance. Good luck and Congrats!!

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I like that. my aunts wedding was similar to your first but much worse. as my aunt and her husband where sharig cake his sister came and slammed it right into my aunts eye. my aunt left out of the room and everyone looked at his sis. I was shocked that happened. I could not even move. his sister is a drug addict and maybe thats why she did it?

we are thinking od buttercream icing 3 tier cake with peach and strawberry filling

forgot to add. we only got one song picked out which is "shania twains from this moment" but we need more. We are thinking rascall flatts "god bless this broken road"

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by