Week by Week Silkie Comb thread! With poll!

Silkie genders!

• Total voters
Pics

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I know that @PioneerChicks has an amazing thread very similar to this one.

I will be posting close ups of each chicks comb, week by week, every Friday. So hop in for the ride!

I only started taking pictures today, so it will be starting at 4 weeks.

This is mostly just for fun, and I want a way to keep track of the silkies comb growth.

I don’t have a very good camera (just using an IPhone 7) but I will try my best.

I’ll do a separate post for each week.

Cast your vote in the poll, you can update your vote as the weeks go by! (I’ll take screenshots each week if the poll)

These silkies were bought from a hatchery, so they may not be the best quality. (I do not know what hatchery, I bought them from a local feed store (but not TSC)

Anyway, here goes!

(I’ll post the first week in the next post)

Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 10
Week 12

Last edited:
Four weeks.

I dampened their crest (what little of a crest they have) with a bit of warm water so you can see the comb better.

I wrap them in a towel so they hold still for a little bit. Don’t worry, they’re pretty comfortable.

I am going to refer to them as girls for now, but I know that is probably not the case.

Nutmeg is partridge in color, but looks buff from the front. Her comb is an interesting shape for now. I’m not sure if it’s classic Silkie walnut comb.
9C24BD85-F2E2-48FE-8064-372520BC929E.jpeg

Eclipse is black in color. She fell asleep while I was taking her photo.
54F5BE73-489F-42EB-BA00-9E56B98236AE.jpeg

Pebbles is a blue Silkie.
8EAF8C36-4D6E-4BA5-B33A-0B9977CDE48B.jpeg

I just hatched 19 Silkie and Silkie mixes a few days ago so I'm bound to get a few pullets this time! Now the waiting and guessing game begins 😆
Shhhh... Dont tell anyone... one reason I made this thread is to get early gender guess ideas

Back
Top Bottom