1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Week of Oct. 1st new chick update thread

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoopDeViIIe, Oct 17, 2012.

1. CoopDeViIIe

CoopDeViIIe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    I know there were several of us that had new chicks arrive during the week of Oct. 1st from various hatcheries. I thought it would be cool to have a central thread to post update pics every couple weeks while they grow together. I ordered 8 chicks from Ideal that arrived on Oct. 4th. They are two weeks old today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll let you guess what some of the breeds are. Much like my first group in the summer, they are very skittish chicks and run for their lives whenever we come to pick them up. I'm sure they will out grow this much like the first set did who are much friendlier now.

[​IMG]

Here's what they looked like when they arrived!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    They're looking great [​IMG]

3. CoopDeViIIe

CoopDeViIIe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    My little flock is now 4 1/2 weeks old. Today I moved their brooder outside so they can start getting used to the elements. Gave them some time in the run with the big chicks as well. Big chickens didn't like them, so I will have to give them more time together over the next few weeks so when I combine flocks it won't be WW3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by