week old chick with cross beak

ALong12

Songster
Mar 6, 2019
i have a super blue chick that is just a little over a week old and i’ve noticed everyday the bottom of her beak goes out sideways just a bit more each day... was looking for a way to hopefully cure this because she is healthy as the other chicks, eating drinking etc
i read on another post if there isn’t any beak over growth etc that possibly taping the beak into the correct position can & has been successfully done
so after making sure she had ate a good bit & drank, i had my husband help me tape her up **not covering the nostrils of course
anyone else had any success with this??

at first she didn’t like it but then settled down with the rest of the crew & went to sleep

I'm not sure how well the taping is going to work - how easily will the tape come off so she can eat/drink. Chicks that age, eat/drink all day long - if they are in a brooder with a light on all night, they eat/drink all night too. How often do you plan on taking the tape off?

Let us know how that works out. You may want to document it with photos and notes, if you are successful, others would be interested in what you did.

Back
Top Bottom