Week old Easter egger wheezing! Please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ADchicks31, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

Please help! we recently got a new batch of chicks and one of them started breathing heavy and wheezing today:/ She is still eating and running around with the two others but her breathing seems painful! We raise our chickens as pets so I will be very upset if something happens to her:( Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

2. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

I was told that she may have swallowed a wood chip? If that's the case is there anything I can do?:( I also added ACV to their water recently and she seems to be a bit better

3. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

She still isn't doing well please any advice will help[​IMG]

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains

5. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

@Wyorp Rock thank you for replying!! She's doing much better now, I believe she was allergic to the pine shavings so I switched it up and she's pretty much back to normal:)

6. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

[​IMG]

I brought her outside for a bit and she loved it :)

7. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Good move.
    Sometimes a combination of dusty bedding, dusty feed, dusty chicks and possibly not enough ventilation can cause sneezing.
    I'm glad to hear she is doing much better, she's adorable.

8. ADchicks31

ADchicks31 Just Hatched

Thank you! She is sweet isn't she?? Everything's back to normal now:) I'm just so happy she's ok!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by