week old embryos scrabled?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KPatterson, Mar 9, 2012.

1. KPatterson

KPatterson New Egg

Apr 18, 2011
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone has ever had a week old chicken embryo scramble?? Our poor eggies got bumped out of their rack & I'm afraid one yolk doesn't look right. I still see a bit of veining and the chick was moving around, but could it survive if the yolk is scrambled? It isn't totally mixed in, but looks like it has streaks in it. Is there anything I should/shouldn't do if it is damaged? I really hope it can make.
    Thank you!

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Yolks get distorted as the chick developes. If the chick is moving and the yolk has veining I would finish the hatch. What have you got to loose? Go for it.

3. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

If the chick doesn't make it will stop developing and you will see a blood ring.

4. KPatterson

KPatterson New Egg

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks. I figured we would keep going with it till I knew for sure it was dead or it hatched. I am going to check it again tonight & see if it is still going. I really hope the yolk is just distorted! None of my others have done that, but we don't have much experience in this. I imagine if it has died the veining should disappear today or tomorrow, right?
    Thanks again. I guess we just wait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by