Week old Silkie Babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BamaChicken, Dec 11, 2007.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Here are the ones that hatched last Monday,or a few of them. I am trying to group by colors. I think this first group is Blue. They are out in the work house in a brooder now so couldn't put them on dining room table
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is little conehead. So get dishearted when your silkies go through this ugly stage. It is amazing how they fill out in about 4 more weeks. He is around 3 weeks old

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    So Cute! Julie I love them.

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Hoping for a good hatch for you Adam. I have eggs on the way from two different people so I will be loading the bator again this week. Trying to hatch a lot and keep the best.

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Oh, and I am so excited. I have two more white ones developing. I know I have one white chick a week old and maybe two. It is hard to tell on the ones with the silver gene till they feather in.

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I am so happy for you.

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh!! Look at those little poofy heads!!! Too cute!!

7. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Oh my gosh Julie, I just asked on Eggs to hatch how these guys were doing. How cute and look at those pom poms on top. You are getting some really nice ones.

8. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I can't wait for my little ones to hatch, Julie! I hope my little guys are as nice as yours! I love their little pointed heads! I won't mind if they're all black, just as long as they're cute. [​IMG]

9. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Bliss they will be cute. Now in speaking of pointy heads, you don't have to have coneheads to get a great topknot. I sure am sad I lost such goolooking birds that were turning out such cuties though. Hopefully by summer I will have some more laying. I love the black one with the really wide head. I know you can't tell that much in the pic but I will keep photographing them as they fill out. Some of the blues are really pretty too. I have a little splash cockeral up about 2 months now and wow he is looking good. I will problably keep him and do a pen of Splash with splash.
    I know I am getting the partridge out of a buff Splash that I had in with my Splash Roo about a month ago. Since I put her in with young buff cockeral I have no more fertile eggs as Idont' think he doing anything yet. I will give it a few more weeks then see how the fertility is doing. I want to work on my buff splash color project.

10. LUVMYCHICKS

LUVMYCHICKS Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2007
    Baton Rouge. LA
    Sounds like a plan to me!! Cutest little babies that I've ever seen...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by