Week Old Silkie Chick Size

SCMAC

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
I'm new to the to raising chicks thing but I am a little worried about the size of my Silkies. They are the same age and received them from McMurray but their size is way different I have posted a picture of the black and the white to let you see what I'm talking about.

22342_dsc_1399a.jpg

Maybe I'm just worried since I lost the complete first order on arrival this is my second and I have thirteen left the others out 27 were DOA at the PO. Thanks for your help.

Hi I have never owned silkies before but I wouldnt worry because some will eventually turn out to be huge rosters and some will eventually be tiny hens, unless of course you ordered all hens, then i might be worried. But I doubt its a "problem."
hmm.png

By the way, what does DOA stand for, I know it means dead but....

D=Dead O=On A=Arrival term we use in the medical field a lot. Thanks it just had me worried.

i have a weekold silkie my hen incubated which is about the same size as the black one.. so id say its normal. cause i was worrying too.
eiter we've got two runts, or its normal. ha

All five of my black silkies are the same size and the whites are the same size. After thinking about it I think my whites area a little older than the rest.

Back
Top Bottom