Weeping duck egg at day 21!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by drmeyes236, May 3, 2009.

1. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    I have only 2 of 8 eggs that survived and one is leaking a clear fluid a small amount, the duck is still moving in the egg. What should I do? Is there anything I can do? It has a strange looking air cell also.
    Thanks in advance

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Im confused !! The egg is leaking (need more info) ?? Did the duck pip and its leaking out of the pip hole ?? or leaking from somwhere else ?? Can you post a pic ???

3. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    No pip. Still have 7 days to go. my temps have been 99.8 humidity is now at 63%. I just checked it again and it is dry could it be condensation? LG still air incubator, this baby seems much smaller than my other egg's baby and the air cell is at the bottom and down the side.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Im going to bet the egg is bad and it's leaking if the baby inside doesnt look like the others its most likley b/c it died and and others kept growing, if the eggs is leaking you need to get it out of there ASAP if the egg explodes it could cause the others not to hatch (also will be a huge mess)

IF the baby inside the egg is alive you could try to patch the spot its leaking from but from what you have said sounds like the egg stop growing.

5. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    It sounds like a "stinker"

Be very very careful. That thing could "blow".

If it does, you'll need haz-mat to clear the area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by