Weeping eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by akcourtney, Nov 6, 2011.

1. akcourtney

akcourtney Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Greensboro, GA
    My Coop
    Hi all, I have an EE pullet that seems to have a weeping eye. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with an idea of what it might be? She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, and some days it weeps worse then others. I'm wondering if it's a tear duct that just doesn't close. I don't think there is any infection, but it's been like this for a few months. I kept a close eye (no pun) on her to make sure she's eating and acting normally. No other chicken in my flock has this issue.

Thanks...

[​IMG]

2. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Think im getting an expert on weeping eye as mine had it 4 days ago lol... I bathed it with warm salty water then put some eye drops in that we use for conjunctavitis twice a day, it worked for me so fingers crossed...

3. akcourtney

May 21, 2010
    Greensboro, GA
    My Coop
    I'd say you are the expert then LOL.....

Did you need a prescription for the eye drops?

Thanks for your reply...

4. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    I just got it from my local pharmacy. I asked for eyedrops for conjunctavitis (cant spell it) put the drops in twice a day for 4 days and it cleared up great. My chickens eye was swollen too but yours look fine..

5. akcourtney

May 21, 2010
    Greensboro, GA
    My Coop
    Thank you, appreciate it...

Angela

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by