1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

weeping/leaking egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by samara, Apr 26, 2007.

1. samara

samara Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    I understand that if there is a bacterial ring in/on the egg that it could explode and that leaking can preclude that.

I put a batch into the incubator yesterday afternoon and I have an egg with a tiny bit of dry clearish "stuff" on the shell, I assume this is the leaking part and that there is bacteria? I am about to throw it out......correct me if I'm wrong, ok?

I don't know where my maglight is, so I haven't candled.

Samara

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I would say toss it. If it explodes in the bator...it would contaminate the rest.

3. samara

Apr 8, 2007
    thanks Deb,

out of curiosity, how did you come up with your "baby in egg" and name?

Samara

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

The avatar...my father in law sent me..its a marzapan( iceing) baby. Someone went through a lot of time makeing it. The name... just us n ak we used to live in Alaska. DH was AF, but retired now...the name just stuck.

5. samara

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow! I thought is was computer generated! I kept looking at your name and the baby in the egg shell and thinking it said "just a snack" and wondering if you were making some political statement---lol!! I knew I was off, but just couldn't get my brain around the name......

I'm trying to keep from busting up laughing at how my brain works!!

Samara

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  6. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:All this time I thought that's what your name referred to also. I didn't think you were planning on eating the baby, though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by