weeping new eggs

mommy3

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Plantsville, CT
Help- I need a quick reply! I just set my eggs this morning at 6 am. 5 of my eggs are weeping. Do I need to remove them because there is no chance for them? Please help!

Were the eggs at room temperature when you put them in, or were they cold? Probably just condensation forming on cold eggs. I would think weeping would require much more time to develop.
Of course there are more answers needed to answer fully. 5 out of how many? Shipped eggs or your own?
Do you have a way to candle the weepers and see what's going on in them?

Last edited:
I would say that it would depend on what they are weeping. The eggs that I have had weeping that were bad weeped like this yellow orange colored goo out of them. If it's just clear like water and has no smell I would agree that probably they are condensing because they are cooler than the incubator temp.

It is clear- they just went in this morning- but not all are doing it- I let them sit for about 15 hours at room temp. so they have only been in there a couple hours. have not seen this in the last two sets we have done.

I felt the droplets and they have hardened on the egg- not water

I had that happen with new shipped eggs - I knew they weren't old judging by the size of the aircell. Started about two days after setting. If it's yellowish hardening on the eggs I'd toss. Condensation would not leave hard little droplets on the eggs. Another way I could tell was if I removed the hard droplets, they'd 'goo' back up again and/or liquid would seep out immediately.

Last edited:
it is clear- but hardens. The guy was slow to ship- which was a comment from other buyers, but went with him since he was in NJ and we are in CT. I was assuming he was slow to ship because he was waiting to get the 11 eggs that I ordered. Not sure what to do?!

they were shipped from NJ to CT. 5 out of 11 are weeping and hardening a clear liquid. What would I look for at day one? they are brown eggs as well. I have only candled at 8 days and up.

I'd pull the weepers and discard them. They wil not develop and will probably explode if left long enough in the incubator. The weeping is being caused by pressure building up inside. On candling this early I'd be looking for an apparent difference between the weepers and the others. Some of the eggs may have been frozen or something. Keep watch on the others as you go forward.

Back
Top Bottom