Weighing my birds

EngeFamilyFarms

Chirping
Aug 29, 2018
Michigan
does anyone have any ideas on an easy way to weigh my B.B. turkeys. The only thing I could think of would be to hold the bird and step on the scale, then subtract my weight

Careful. They get stressed easy on my experience. I had one that was a bit gimpy. He had a hard time keeping up to the rest and I carried him to catch up daily. One night I picked him up to weigh him just outside coop and put him right back and he had a heart attack at my feet and died. I'm not sure if stress was the cause of death or if it was an underlying health problem but it happened immediately after I picked him up and stood in the scale with him. It was night and I took him out of the coop but I just wanted to share with you to be careful

I weigh my chickens and rabbits in a laundry basket and use a scale that can zero out the basket.....less math!

Hand held digital fishing scale with both turkey's legs in loop then put on scale hook. Quick and easily done in the field once birds are caught. I can weigh my Thanksgiving grow-outs ( 3 Bourbon Reds) in less than 2 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom