1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weight Loss Contest.... Anyone?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by georgialee, Mar 29, 2011.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I noticed there are a bunch of people wanting to lose weight on these boards. Is there anyone up for a contest of some sort? Maybe everyone puts as much $ into a pot as they want (it can remain anonymous) and then at the end of a certain number of weeks whoever has lost the highest percentage of weight (verified by pics of the scale) wins the $.

We could even sign up for buddies to help keep ourselves accountable as well as have an accountability thread.

Anyone up for it?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    the only thing I can see is that those who are more overweight usually lose a lot more than those (like me) who have 10 lbs left to lose ...its harder to lose
    in the end as you have less to lose..(make sense?)...not being mean..I've been there..I had a lot to lose..its just taken me FOREVER to lose these last 10 lbs I MEAN FOREVERRRRRr
    think over 5 months now..i havent made headway at all!!! even my doc says once you get close to goal or your ideal body weight..its very hard to lose those last few lbs

I think a buddy idea is a good one tho..

3. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Well maybe we could do categories?

15 lbs or less

16-30 lbs

31-50 lbs

50+ lbs

If enough people want to do it... [​IMG]

4. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Sounds interesting. I am in the 50+ category (if you decide to split it up).

When were you thinking to begin?

[​IMG]

5. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Well if anyone else is interested we could maybe begin in a week? Or even just have a support thread? I'm starting a diet tomorrow regardless. [​IMG]

6. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Quote:I've been on an unsuccessful one for 2 weeks now, lol. But, I'm not giving up. Let's do this.

7. newchknmama

newchknmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Middleton ID
    Put me in too.. I really need a good support group...[​IMG]

8. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, we can be out own support group for now, lol. If more people join us maybe we can make it some sort of contest.

What kind of diets are y'all doing?

My mom has to do something called HMR for health reasons and she's committed to doing it for 22 months (!!!). My sister and I are going to do it for a bit to help make it easier on her. It's basically meal replacements in the form of shakes and oatmeal. They also have pre-packaged meals but I'm probably going to do a lean cuisine or something like that.

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I'm just starting month two of INSANITY workouts. I have 10LB left to get to my target weight of 195lb
    I started at 215lb

10. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Quote:be carefuyl w/those frozen meals...eat them VERY sparingly...they are soo full of sodium...

also; its MUCH cheaper to eat fresher foods or just general chicken breast grilled etc..and you ge tmore than what you would if you ate those frozen meals...

GL!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by