Weight loss & watery blue/green poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickenDaughter, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ChickenDaughter

ChickenDaughter New Egg

Sep 4, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    My Cochin, ChouChou, is 1years &4months. She has lost a bit of weight, not eating her own food (Organic Nature Smart grow feed) , drinking a lot of water, and her poop is blue/green and her pee can be clear or have a yellowish tint to it. (1st picture with flash 2nd without flash) She rests a lot and is anti social.. She still enjoys veggies, grazing, kefir, eggs, cashew butter,and fruits. I make her a brown rice, wheat bran, coral calcium, crushed oyster shells, coconut flakes, and kefir medley and she enjoys it...but sometimes takes the day to eat...she adores kefir.lol I tried the same mixture minus the rice and used her feed soaked in water and she didn't buy it! Haha!Anyone have opinions & thoughts? Much appreciated!

Ruby&León

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. ChickenDaughter

ChickenDaughter New Egg

Sep 4, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Update, she has lost I interest in kefir, eggs,etc...

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

4. ChickenDaughter

ChickenDaughter New Egg

Sep 4, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, we took her to the vet. We go to Crossroads vet in Bellevue, WA. Dr. Bruce is really knowledgeable =0)

5. TheRambler

TheRambler Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Sounds like some kind of parasite to me... Mites/lice, worms, or cocci or a combo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by