Weightloss Goal

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by missred871, Aug 18, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Well I will make an attempt to keep this thread up as my journal on BYC when I make some good progress. I have joined a gym today and have a 6 month membership. I went to the doctor for my ear infection and found out I lost 16.5 pounds since April. I decided a few days ago it was time to cut out the sodas and start eating better and get more fit. So I let my doctor know about my goals and he says they are reasonable and attainable. I am excited. I am going to visit a friend I haven't seen in 7 years next June. If I do in fact attain my 40 pound weightloss goal by June then it will be the first time I haven't been overweight since before I hit puberty. Now I have never been hugely obese but I have been officially obese (70lbs over ideal weight) and started loosing weight when I got pregnant. Due to all that I have been through in my life, food became a comfort. I can no longer allow food to run or ruin my life. Diabetes, heart failure, heart disease, alzhiemers, high blood pressure and many other health issues run in my family. I will not allow myself to be a 60 year old in a 40 year olds body. The best way to keep this from happening is to los the weight now and keep it off. I will go to yoga tuesdays and thursdays and also have 1 p90x class a week as well. On top of my regular 5-7 days a week at the gym. If the famous and rich can do it then so can I!

GO ME
    current statistics:
    5'11''
    236.5 lbs

short term goal: 15lbs by December 2010
    long term goal: 40lbs by June 2010

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Do you want advice? I am a heavy non-dieter. I lost 60 lbs in 3 years not dieting.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My advice: find a hobby where you work with your hands, like quilting or knitting. I was buried in one quilting project after another for a couple months so I didn't really think about food-you can't handle food and then handle fabric. The doc was impressed that I was 13 lbs lighter. I did eat 3 times a day, small meals, with an occasional snack like a cereal bar or Zone bar, the entire time. And I always had water nearby to drink. Having your mind and your hands occupied helps a great deal.

I think "diets" make it harder to lose weight when you are obsessed with what you can eat and can't eat, etc. We eat lots of stir fry, sometimes with chicken and sometimes just vegetarian, over whole wheat linguine. It's quick and easy and we use a bit of teriyaki or soy in the vegetables. The packages we buy are in the frozen veggie section and only cost $1.70 for a good size bag of mixed stir fry veggies. The frozen veggies mean no actual prep time. We may eat a tilapia filet sandwich or a burger (no chips or fries) on other nights. Simple, quick and tasty. I eat eggs, oatmeal or cereal for breakfast. No special stuff, just real food.

4. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    I just started the P90X fitness program. It is very intense. There is a food program with it and I cannot eat everything that I need to eat! Shocking I know. I used a friends Weight Watchers program for a month and I was starving the whole time and only lost 1-2 pounds. My first week in the P90X and the scale says that I lost 1 pound already! I am eating 2400 calories a day too.

Good luck on your health and fitness goals!

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:This is true for me. My goal is just to not let food take control of my brain. It is fuel for the work your body needs to do, nothing more.

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I will join you here, I have a similar size and weight loss goals as you. My initial goal is to loose 12 pounds, this will get me from clinically obese to merely very fat. My goal is also to lower my cholesterol by my January appointment. If I don't get it down, I get cholesterol meds....I would rather not have to do that. I've done it before so I know I can do it again, at least with the cholesterol. The youngest kid just turned 9, so it is way past time to get the baby weight off.

Goals:

Get to the weight I was before baby number 2 (9 years): 7 pounds
    Get to non-obese weight: 12 pounds
    Get to pre-baby weight:: 16 pounds
    long term, "normal" weight: about 50 pounds

The exercise starts today.

7. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    mom'sfolly :

I will join you here, I have a similar size and weight loss goals as you. My initial goal is to loose 12 pounds, this will get me from clinically obese to merely very fat. My goal is also to lower my cholesterol by my January appointment. If I don't get it down, I get cholesterol meds....I would rather not have to do that. I've done it before so I know I can do it again, at least with the cholesterol. The youngest kid just turned 9, so it is way past time to get the baby weight off.

Goals:

Get to the weight I was before baby number 2 (9 years): 7 pounds
    Get to non-obese weight: 12 pounds
    Get to pre-baby weight:: 16 pounds
    long term, "normal" weight: about 50 pounds

The exercise starts today.

You can do it!

As for the "diet" I wouldn't use that word exactly. More like I have cut out all the things I ate that I didn't need to eat. Such as: junk food, sodas, more junk food, white bread (we eat a lot of sandwiches)

I am not starving myself or being an avid calorie counter. I am just eating in the morning and going to the gym for an hour or two and eating lunch and eating dinner and if I get hungry in between I snack on a 90 cal. granola bar. Tasty. I am NOT eating crap I wouldn't normally eat lol. I am soooo not one of those people that goes postal and starts to buy tofu and tries to eat it but thinks it is gross so they starve. I will continue to eat things that I like and everything in moderation. I did a GREAT JOB today!

I had my first yoga class. I enjoyed it very much! It helped to stretch out the tired muscles and work out some that normally aren't affected. I was in yoga for an hour and then got on the treadmill for 53min lost 310 calories and walked 4-6miles an hour for a total distance of 3.09 miles! Just yesterday I struggled with a half mile on the treadmill and a half mile on the glider.

I feel AMAZING ever since I have cut out the pepsi and cola products. I am soooo happy now too. My entire mood has changed. I hope this keeps up. If so I will never stop LOL.​

8. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    I am joining in if thats ok!

I'm 5'8 and 225 lbs.

I'm going to cut soda and sugary drinks and Up my water this week. We'll see where I am on Friday.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I suck at diets! REally suck at it! Not a very good strong will power to give up those sinful delights!

I love my beef, and fish. Chicken and pork was too rich, get the trots bad so I have to limit on that.

I LOVE salads and did a good job without sacrificing my fav dressings, my Hidden Valley Ranch or Monical's dressing by dipping my fork into it, just enough to coat and take a mouthful of greens and you would be surprised how much is left in the cup rather than pour the dressing on your salad.

I love tacos and spagetti's.

I do love my chocolates and have the traditional Pepsi once in a while but not everyday because it makes me ill and jittery.

Love ice water.

Hate to exercise. I love swim running and doing anything in the water.

Need to lose at least 89 lbs but I would be happy to reach for the first goal of 200 lbs and then work the way down to 150 lbs.

10. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My husband started that program and did not keep it up lol! It's hard! I did the first session with him... holy cow... I as a woman have NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH! Arugh!

Good for you for making the plans to lose weight! Diets have never worked for me! I'm still trying to lose my "Baby weight". I would LOVE to lose 60 lbs... to make me about 170 lbs... That's the ideal for me I think. I am a very big boned... and "Firm and fully packed" As my Gramma always said. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by