Weights and crows

BoE1987

Chirping
Apr 17, 2021
What are your (regular)coturnix quail averaging for live weight and dressed weight?
Mine are 5 weeks and some are already weighing 270g. The info I've read is that they're suppose to average about 100-150g. Tomorrow ill have dress weights.
The lady I got the eggs from doesn't have jumbo but these guys are making me head tilt.

Crowing.
I did a 7:1 ratio of the biggest male quails (2 breeder groups). I have 17 grow outs. Why am I only hearing the grow out males crow? I have yet to hear either of my breed groups crow but my grow outs sure are crowing away.

The males have no reason to crow. They have females, which seems to be the main if not only reason they crow.

Don't know about grams, but my 4 I processed (Either 2 males and 2 females or 1 male and 4 females, can't remember) were all between 4.2 and 4.8 oz I believe

The males have no reason to crow. They have females, which seems to be the main if not only reason they crow.

Don't know about grams, but my 4 I processed (Either 2 males and 2 females or 1 male and 4 females, can't remember) were all between 4.2 and 4.8 oz I believe
Ah okay good. I love hearing them crow but as long as they're content in not feeling the need to have more hens around, I'm AOK with silence too.

Back
Top Bottom