Weights of processed cornish X - Wow!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by blueskylen, May 12, 2010.

1. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    We picked up our Cornish X from the processor last night - lightest hen was 4.5 lbs. heaviest roo was 7.5lb dressed out. average weight was 5.75/per bird - 2 big refrigerators completely full of meat - approx 350lb dressed. WOW

I am thrilled with this bunch - got them from Meyers - and had no trouble with them at all.

this made all of the work for 8 weeks worthwhile and the cost with processing about 2.00 per lb.

2. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    Nice, i hope mine goes that well at the end of the month.

3. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Ya Hoo [​IMG] I just had my first batch processed and the weights are very similar to yours. Isn't it so great to reap the benefits after all of your hard work? I know from my experience, I will not buy chicken ever again from a grocery store [​IMG]

4. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    it is a relief to have them done with - seems like a long 8 weeks of caring, toting water and feed, worrying about their comfort and health, etc. but the end product is so worth it.
    Nice young tasty chicken for the family and neighbors. what could be better than that.

5. momofchicks

momofchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    [​IMG] [​IMG] That's awesome! We are still 3 weeks away from processing, I hope mine goes as smoothly! Congratulations!

6. luvallmychicks

luvallmychicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    I let some go a few weeks longer and got some 10 lb. cleaned birds. Like small turkeys.[​IMG] Nice size for parties.[​IMG] I cook them whole on the bbq. The best ever. I have not bought chicken in 1 1/2 yrs. LOVE IT!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

7. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Great job- contrary to popular belief, that is how it's supposed to go, and usually does! Enjoy your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by