Weird acting lethargic polish rooster, whats going on? help please!

foxypoproxy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Madison, CT
So my polish rooster has been acting kind of strange lately.
He started his strange behavior as soon as he was transitioned outside and all my chickens were finally integrated.
He acts very lethargic and cold. It has been cold latley so i thought his shivering was from the weather and him not being cold hardy....but today it was warmish and he was still acting cold....so that was a big alarm to me.
At first i thought it was just because hes a polish that he would just stand their like a statue but idk....i'm getting a feeling like its more then just his breed/personality.
For a while he wouldn't look for food or water to eat so i always had to basically bring it to him, or him to it.
It got to the point he was getting neon green poo from not eating enough.
eating and drinking wise, hes on the right track again.
Ive also been giving him Gatorade, scrambled eggs, yogurt, hoping these things would help his energy.
He just stands around, almost like hes sleeping standing up.....then his head slowly....slowly starts falling toward the floor o_o.
He will just stand like that...i can't imagine it being good...i always just assumed he was just weird and resting funny.
He always sleeps on the floor and never comes out of the coop by himself. He doesn't really act like a rooster either.
Hes really mellow and oblivious to everything.
But there are times he perks up and acts like a chicken, scratching around acting fine.
So thats why i'm confused...is it just him? Hes always been weird...he was sick a looooooong time ago when i found him and the vet treated him with ivermec. and baytril and get got better and was fine.
He has no other symptoms others then his weirdness.
Hes always been a docile rooster.
I'm starting to think maybe i should worm him? see if his behavior improves?
I'm going to try and take a video tomorrow so you can all see what i'm talking about.

I don't want to use injections.
Preferably pour on.
So....should i get Ivermec? Valbazen?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom