Weird AP news story about a rooster....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Jul 2, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100702/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_rooster_residence;_ylt=Al33I9.a1RZV51xJ4m2d4KXtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJwNTRnMzVtBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNzAyL3VzX29kZF9yb29zdGVyX3Jlc2lkZW5jZQRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZnVsbG5ic3BzdG9y

PETOSKEY
    , Mich. – Beaker the rooster can't beat the man.
    The northern Michigan fowl whose address has been the focus of at least two court challenges is passing on the chance to crow before the Michigan Court of Appeals.
    Andy and Sharon Peters, Beaker's owners, have instead opted to send the animal to the Second Chance Ranch and Rescue in Petoskey.
    Authorities in September said the couple violated a county ordinance by having a farm animal on residential property. The Peters unsuccessfully fought the decision in Emmet County 90th District Court and 57th Circuit Court.
    Resigned to their legal fate, the couple has begun Beaker's transition to the rescue ranch, where executive director Dr. Pam Graves tells the Petoskey News-Review that he's settling in and "acting like a chicken."
    ___

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    chickensducks&agoose :

Dr. Pam Graves tells the Petoskey News-Review that he's settling in and "acting like a chicken."
    ___

Well, that's a relief [​IMG]

Definitely odd.​

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Poor Beaker-seems like "acting like a chicken" is what started the whole thing. [​IMG]

4. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I think the A.P. was scrambling for interesting news stories this week. We here on BYC know the situation described to be a rather common and unremarkable (though not pleasant) one.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by