Weird baby chick was attatched to mom

xyuingnutfarms

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2015
Very weird thing happened. Yesterday was day three of some newly hatched chicks. I heard the chirp chirps , so I went to check. One of the babies were attatched to the under belly of the mom, attached by the fuzz of its back neck. Mom wasn't happy bout it either. So, basically a tiny new baby chick got glued onto the mom some how. I'm thinking it was egg residue to have it be so she had so much stickiness under her for that to be able to have happened. I'm just so glad I was there to check, because I'm afraid that could have gone very bad. I carefully snipped the fuzz from baby and mom away from eachother. Had a minor panic attack when I had looked and saw the baby dangling from under the mom. Everyone's fine now.

Very weird thing happened. Yesterday was day three of some newly hatched chicks. I heard the chirp chirps , so I went to check. One of the babies were attatched to the under belly of the mom, attached by the fuzz of its back neck. Mom wasn't happy bout it either. So, basically a tiny new baby chick got glued onto the mom some how. I'm thinking it was egg residue to have it be so she had so much stickiness under her for that to be able to have happened. I'm just so glad I was there to check, because I'm afraid that could have gone very bad. I carefully snipped the fuzz from baby and mom away from eachother. Had a minor panic attack when I had looked and saw the baby dangling from under the mom. Everyone's fine now.

Wow. Quite a story. Glad everything alright

Back
Top Bottom