Weird chick

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lyndatu, Dec 9, 2007.

1. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    What's with my chicks????? [​IMG]

I let the "babies" free-range for an hour for their exercise, since they're cornishes and might have heart problems. But there's something wrong; or is it?

Anyways, I was sitting on a small chair at the backyard to watch over the chicks play around. Suddenly, one walked in front of me, then it rotated its head around in a clockwise direction. Then holy cow the rest started doing it! They look cute and ridiculous at the same time. Do you know what causes this?

Crazy chicks! [​IMG]

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    They are possesed!
    Are they silkies? [​IMG]

I haven't got a clue what would make them do that. [​IMG]

3. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    Possession??? Oh no! Zombie chicks! [​IMG]

KILL KILL KILL!!!

Die zombie!

Oh no! They got me! WAAAAHHH! Noooooo! [​IMG]

"ooohhhh, flesh and innards! Much better than that powder stuff you give us.............chomp, chomp, chomp!"

You thought silkies were the only ones planning to take over the world........THINK AGAIN!

Anyways, they were doing it for about 45 seconds straight. They stopped doing it now. I hope they don't do that again! They scare me..................

4. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    Oh, and before, when I was watching over them free-range, two of them came infront of me, sat down, then started to bounce up and down! Then the rest started doing it! I knew there was something wrong going on..............

BEWARE!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Are all your chicks using the same brain cell, or are they some sort of telepathic ant colony?? WEIRD! I'd be a little freaked out myself.. remember 'The Birds'" ACK! That is totally Alfred Hitchcock-y.

Maybe it's time for them to be processed.. but now.. do you dare EAT them??

6. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    no eating......No eating! [​IMG]

Yes, it looks like they do have the same brain cells. One chick jumps and flaps its wings, then the others will do the same.

Hmmm....................must be one of the chick's few scares............

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Too funny!!!

I think you need a coop cam because they may be plotting something...

8. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    Waaah! They're doing it again!!! [​IMG]

I came to the brooder to cover it up with some rice sacks because it's night time and it's cold. Just before I can cover the door part, which is see-through, a chick did it! Then two of them, then one, then one! Their heads are spinning like crazy! I shut the sack on the door immediately, then ran around screaming and shaking! What's wrong???? They might be saying: Do you know what time it is? It's dinner time! I'll throw them in the coffee grinder if I have to!

I'm creeped out! They might be preparing for their ultimate attack on Christmas! Be afraid!

Oh and I'm starting to see some green marks on the chicks. Do you know what that is? Decaying evil zombie chick flesh! [​IMG]

Good day.................

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by