Weird chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 22lilchickens, Feb 27, 2016.

1. 22lilchickens

22lilchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I have white silkies that I raise and hatch , so when I say that tractor supply had some I bought 4, 3 black and 1 partridge. Well I noticed they looked different but I went ahead and bought them just for fun. They are the same size my pullet buff orpintion chicks are [​IMG]that's not suppose to happen with silkies they grow slower then others. They have the black skin and 5 toes but they just don't seem like silkies.is there any thee breed they could be ?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They are hatchery quality silkies or at worst silky crosses. The chick in the first picture has a single comb, non silkied feathering, and no leg feathering. Our TSC had a bin of 'white silky ' chicks, and the only silky traits they had were 5 toes and black skin.

3. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    Our tractor supply just has a bantam bin. It's just a random mix of bantam chicks. Sometimes they have silkies, sometimes not.

4. 22lilchickens

22lilchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Sadly my 4 "Silkies" got killed so I won't be able to see what they look likes when they get older. But they were in a bin labeled silkies but they were the same size as a few pullet chicks I got [​IMG]

5. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    predators ?? so sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by