Weird color sizzle cockerel, what color you think I am?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by minihorse927, Feb 24, 2011.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I have this smooth feathered sizzle cockerel, at least I think he is a cockerel. Will be three months old March 7th. He looks black, but wings appear darker blue color and has dark tan or light brown feathers around his neck. Have a pullet that looks exactly like him just more feminine with less light brown around her neck. All pictures are of cockerel, could not get the pullet to stand still. I know they are not for everyone but I think he is gorgeous.
    Sorry about some of these being a tad blurry, I need a better camera for taking pics of these guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here will be one of his girlfriends in the near future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Mini, I think your cockrel is a mix of Polish. He is handsome! And his future girlfriend is real eye candy. [​IMG]

3. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    That cockerel hatched from a batch that was sizzle to sizzle. Came from a BYC'er. The eggs did at least. I will have to ask cause I thought he kinda looked like he had that polish look too, but I have seen silkie roos that have that swept back crest. Most of my silkie roos have that swept back look also.
    The sad thing is back when these guys were just a few weeks old I was going to sell them out cause I didn't think I was going to like them, I would so be kicking myself if I would of sold them and then seen them now! I would not trade these sizzles for the world!
    Edited:pM'ed BYC'er that sent me the eggs. The original auction they came from said they came from her sizzle pens where they were breeding sizzle to sizzle, they are (if I remember correctly) 3rd or 4th generation. If they want to chime in on the pictures they can since I sent them the link to this also.

ETA:reworded post, sounded negative, didn't mean it to be.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. upintheholler

upintheholler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    Quote:Hey guys... the eggs are sizzle to sizzle... I bought my sizzles already in progress so I have no idea what the original breeders used to get them. However I can tell you that since I have had them they are to sizzle and silkie. This particular group was bbs girls with a white roo. All sizzle. The white sizzle was hatched from eggs I got from a second breeder. If a silkies crest were not silkie feathered it would look like this, think about it. I will attach pics of some of my sizzles with smooth feathers, I have a bunch of better birds, but have not too pics of them yet, my crests are getting huge on some! This girl gives a good example of what a silkie would look like with smooth feathers. Oh... and he is blue, leaking gold...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The first bird is either blue or black, with gold leakage.

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I think your little cockerel is a blue with red leakage. I know in blue Cochin roos tend to look almost black and the desired color is almost black. My daughter has a beautiful blue Cochin roo that I mistakenly entered as a black at our state fair. I was allowed to correct the entry and he went on to win BOV, BOB, and Champion Asiatic as well as Reserve Champion Large Fowl.

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Ooooooooo......... pretty........ [​IMG] Your cockerel looks to be the exotic little known Czechoslovakian Charcoal Poof Head. And his girlfriend is a Scandinavian Bikini Hottie. [​IMG] Can't wait to see the babies. [​IMG]

8. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This made me laugh so hard and I really needed that tonight! Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by