Weird Egg with sunburst pattern

tabs_flock

Songster
Jun 29, 2021
Oakley, CA
IMG_5956.JPG

These three eggs are from the same hen. The top one is from three days ago, the middle from yesterday, and then the weird one is from today. I think my hen is sick or has something going on? She's a 1-year old sexlink and I noticed patchy spots on her rump and diarrhea. At first I thought she didn't lay yesterday because she normally lays around 6:30-7:30 in the morning and the middle egg popped out around 7:00pm last night. I only discovered it when I went out to put them away. She also lays in the coop and I found this egg on the deck by the door. I only have one other sexlink that lays the same type of egg and I collected hers yesterday morning, so I know the one I found was from the sick one. Or maybe she's molting? I got them in March last year so I think that's a possibility?

Any thoughts or ideas?

View attachment 3027532

These three eggs are from the same hen. The top one is from three days ago, the middle from yesterday, and then the weird one is from today. I think my hen is sick or has something going on? She's a 1-year old sexlink and I noticed patchy spots on her rump and diarrhea. At first I thought she didn't lay yesterday because she normally lays around 6:30-7:30 in the morning and the middle egg popped out around 7:00pm last night. I only discovered it when I went out to put them away. She also lays in the coop and I found this egg on the deck by the door. I only have one other sexlink that lays the same type of egg and I collected hers yesterday morning, so I know the one I found was from the sick one. Or maybe she's molting? I got them in March last year so I think that's a possibility?

Any thoughts or ideas?
I just posted this article on your other thread. I don't know if you've seen that yet, so I'll put it here, too. It might help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Back
Top Bottom