Weird egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MoodyChicken, Apr 20, 2009.

1. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    So I candled my eggs today that are due to hatch on the 29th. One of the eggs was just weird, it can't be normal. There were two moving blood rings, the bottom one thicker, and they wiggled and bounced when I turned the egg. There are clear healthy veins formed, and this odd thing wasn't in the egg just a few days ago. I thought maybe it was a worm, but how often does THAT happen? None the less, it was creepy, and going off of virtually no sleep I was determined to believe the egg would burst and its demon spawn would jump put and eat my face. lol

2. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    The 21 eggs in my bator is due to hatch on the 29th as well. I'm going crazy waiting and checking on these eggs. It's worse than when I was pregnant!!! [​IMG] I just can't wait to see the little guys!!!!

3. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

check in often so we know you're ok. [​IMG]

4. MoodyChicken

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    So the blood rings are gone now! It's a very odd egg... I think it might have just been the amnion (is that what it's called?) that surrounds the embryo. Very wiggley. Whatever it was, if it's still in there when it hatches I'll find out in 5 days!

5. janieschicks

janieschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    berkeley springs
    hey, good luck on your hatch. My first hatch is due the 28. im worried because i have to go away for the weekend and im afraid of a temp spike. my 17 yr old can check a little but im sure he'll have other things on his mind with mom and dad gone! lol

6. MoodyChicken

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Thanks! Good luck to you too. If it's stayed steady all this time, it should be fine when you're gone. lol, yeah, don't expect much from him! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by