Weird ET Space Alien looking Silkie Chick***Warning Graphic Pics***

horseshoecreekranch

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2009
I had a batch of Silkie eggs supposed to hatch a few days ago. They all did except for two eggs one which was not moving and the other one was. I opened the none moving one and it was dead. I left the moving one in for a few more days still no pip. So I candeled it today and it wasnt moving so I opened it up and to my surprise it was alive barely. It only stayed alive for maybe 1 min but I could tell it was very very strange looking. It had HUGE eyeballs and a tiny head and a weird beak. The body was normal. Has anybody had a chick like this hatch and is it called something. Maybe its some kind of dwarf chick??? I thought at first thought maybe the hatch date was wrong but all the eggs went in at the same time and were dated. Thanks for any help!!!!!

35387_img_0267.jpg

35387_img_0264.jpg

35387_img_0262.jpg

35387_img_0261.jpg

I hope this doesn't come across as callous, but you are so right about Alien looking. My first thought was ET phone home. I have no idea what went wrong, it is probably for the best the it died do quickly.

looks like it has some sort of cleft pallet, it's most likely a genetic problem,missing a gene or something.

Quote:
I was thinking that, too.

Poor thing, I guess it probably wouldn't have been happy if it had lived.

Back
Top Bottom