Weird Eyes on Duck

Oceanpizza

Chirping
Jun 4, 2017
Hello. I have five 48 day-old ducks (1 month 2 weeks 3 days). One of them, which seems to be the biggest, has weird grayish blotches surround their eyes. This is on both eyes, while the other ducks do not have this on their eyes. Is this just some harmless trait or is it bad? I will link pictures of the different duck and a picture of one of the "normal" ducks. Thanks in advance!
IMG_0412.JPG This is the different duck.

IMG_0417 (1).JPG This is a normal duck.

I've been having the same problem with my duck, One eye seems perfectly normal but the other is kind of lose around the eye, Shes all better now after i treated her eye with terramycin... Great for eye infections...

I've been having the same problem with my duck, One eye seems perfectly normal but the other is kind of lose around the eye, Shes all better now after i treated her eye with terramycin... Great for eye infections...

It doesn't seem to be an eye infection, as the duck is happy and actually is growing faster than the others (which infection usually inhibits). I am new to ducks though, so I really don't know much.

Same goes for my pekin as well, She acts completely fine. Shes still very young hasnt laid any eggs yet but shes pretty big now! I was really worried when i first saw it... Is the skin lose around the eye?

I just checked, and the skin is not loose. I checked with a different duck and that skin wasn't loose either.

Back
Top Bottom